Piles have two variants:
- Internal – those develop above the 2-3 cm inside the anus in the upper area of the anal canal. Internal piles are not painful as upper anal canal does not has pain nerve fibers.
- External – those that develop below the lower part of the anal canal. External piles are painful as lower anal canal has pain nerve fibers.
Grade 1- small swellings inside the anal canal lining. Grade 1 piles are very common.
Grade 2- large piles. Partly pushed out from the anal canal but quickly back inside again.
Grade 3- found small, soft lumps that hang out from the anal canal.
Grade 4 – permanently hang out from the anal canal and cannot go back inside the anus.
- Hereditary factors
- Heavy lifting
- Persistent cough
- Feeling of a hard lump around the anus
- Feeling that bowels are full when they are not
- Bright red color is coming with the bowel movement
- Itching around the anus
- Anus area is res and sore
Treatment of piles includes ointments, creams, OTC medications, pads, painkillers, corticosteroids, banding, and use of laxatives. The advanced level of piles needs surgery. Gastrosurgeon, Kochi provides all types of treatment to reduce piles. Apart that, lifestyle changes, proper diet, high water intake and balanced body weight may also help to avoid piles.
Dr. Deepak Verma, an excellent gastrosurgeon to treat anal surgeries and Piles Treatment in Kochi,Kerala. He his an expert to treat piles.