When any internal organ pushes into an area of other organs the condition occurs is known as Hernia. An opening in the diaphragm, the wall that separates chest cavity and abdomen is called hiatus. Hiatal Hernia or hiatus hernia happens when stomach pushes itself into the chest through the hole.
Two types of Hiatal Hernia are :
- Sliding Hiatal Hernia : This is a very common type in which both esophagus and stomach pushes into the chest through the opening. This may result in heart burns or reflex symptoms.
- Paraesophageal Hernia : In this case, stomach pushes deep into the esophagus and stays fixed there. This blocks the blood flow into the stomach and surgery is necessary to normalize the condition.
When you should visit a doctor ?
- Burning sensation in heart
- Severe chest pain
- Continuous vomiting
- Inability to empty the bowels
- Difficult to swallow and eat
Treatment procedure :
Among both types of a hiatal hernia, the paraesophageal hernia is most dangerous. It obstructs the natural blood flow in the system and becomes life threatening. Laparoscopic Surgery is usually done to correct this. Doctors will make the small opening in the abdomen, and inserts surgical equipment through this. Doctors use a device called laparoscope to view internal areas of the abdomen on a monitor. By observing the procedure doctor can do the surgery accurately. The major advantages of this include less pain, fewer side effects, less scarring and fast recovery.
We offer Best Hiatal Hernia Treatment in Kochi with the help of dedicated team of doctors and other staff.
Visit us: www.gastrosurgeoncochin.com
Mail us: email@example.com